Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The Best Homemade Granola!!!


This is one of my favorite things to make. Not only does it taste so good. It makes my house smell awesome (NO candles needed) and it's good for you.  I always double this recipe because it goes so fast. I like my kids eating this for breakfast. Breakfast cereals are so expensive and not the healthiest (we do buy cereal). Someday I will be a super mom and have a wonderful breakfast made for my family each morning, but until then having my granola in the pantry will have to suffice. So yummy. Making me hungry.

Mix dry ingred. in a big bowl
7 cups Oats
2 cups Flour (wheat or white)
3/4 cup Sunflower seeds
3/4 cup chopped up mixed nuts from costco or your favorites will do. 
1 cup Unsweetened Coconut
1 cup Wheat Germ
1 cup Cornmeal
1 Tbsp. Sesame Seeds
2 Tbsp. Cinnamon


In sauce pan combine until dissolved
1/2 cup Water
1 cup Coconut Oil (your favorite oil will do)
1/2 cup Agava or Honey
1 tsp. Vanilla

I don't always add all of the dry ingredients. I just use what I have. 

Combine wet ingredients with the dry. Pour onto baking sheet (2 baking sheets if you double the recipe) and bake at 300 degrees for 1 hour. Stiring every 15 minutes. Let cool. 


Ways we like to eat granola...

  • with yogurt
  • with fresh fruit
  • with dried fruit

No comments:

Post a Comment