Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge

I was going to take a picture of the fudge all neatly cut and placed on this really pretty dish but this is what it really looked like after my family and I tried it. So yummy!

I have talked in the past about making my grandma's famous fudge and totally eating it even though it was FULL of sugar (a big no no for me and a couple others in my family). Well my sister Jesse found this recipe and it is really good. It seriously takes 5 minutes to make (unlike my grandma's recipe) which is an added bonus. The blog that we got this yummy recipe from is sweettreatsmore.com. Its not as sweet as my grandma's recipe but it hits the right spot. 


¾ cup coconut oil
⅔ cup honey 
¾ cup cocoa powder
½ cup all natural peanut butter (or chunky if you like nuts)
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
Salt (optional) - I think I would have liked it better without the salt

Instructions 
1- I melted the coconut oil, agave, cocoa and peanut butter in a saucepan over medium high heat until completely melted. 

2- Remove form heat and whisk in vanilla. 

3- Pour into bread pan or pie dish and let it chill for 1-2 hours until completely set. 

No comments:

Post a Comment