Friday, May 13, 2011

Oh, the CRAVINGS while pregnant!!!

When I am pregnant my cravings are funny. I am not sure if every woman experiences this while pregnant, or if it's just me. I crave veggies and fruit in the first trimester. I can't get enough! The thought of sweets makes me sick. I always wish that this is how it is going to be for the rest of my pregnancy. But alas, that second trimester comes and I find myself wanting donuts, cookies, and cake. Everything I'm not supposed to eat. Smells aren't my enemy anymore. The bakery section in the grocery store is torture. I have to put on my blinders while walking past the donuts and other goodies. If I give into a sweet enticing. I hate to admitt it but I am a bear to live with afterward. I have to warn and apologize to my family (husband and children) that I have sugar in my system. I feel like I miss an entire day with my family for one bite or portion of anything with sugar in it. NOT WORTH IT. The next day I begin again the battle to live my sugar free life.

No comments:

Post a Comment