Friday, November 14, 2014

Snicker-doodle Apple Cookie Bars

When I saw a dessert like this one on Pinterest I had to figure out a way to make it with the sugars I could eat. My first attempt was while my family and I were in Vegas for Thanksgiving. They turned out so delicious!! Everybody ate them and I didn't feel sad about not eating pumpkin pie.

This is my recipe...


Snicker doodle cookies dough

  • 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
  • 1 and 1/3 cup agave
  • 1 large egg
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 3 cups whole wheat flour
  • 2 teaspoons cream of tartar*
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  •  2 and 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt

Instructions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Place a thin layer of your cookie dough in the bottom of your 9x9 dish. Bake it for 10 minutes. Pull out and add apple pie filling and the rest of the dough on top. Bake for an additional 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.


Apple pie filling

5 apples
1 c. agave
¼ cup corn starch
1 tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp ground nutmeg
½ cup water

Pour in all ingredients in sauce pan and bring to a boil. Once the filling is to a thick consistency it is ready!!





No comments:

Post a Comment