Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Paleo Tacos

I got this recipe from a blog called Stupid Easy Paleo. I really like her blog. Changing your diet can be hard and scary. I usually make it harder than it needs to be so someone showing me an easier way is very appreciated. My family really like these. Ryan's only suggestion was for me to spice them up a little more next time. 


Paleo Tortilla Shells 
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon melted ghee (sub: melted coconut oil)
  • Update: 1 Tablespoon water makes the batter more spreadable / thin
  • 1/4 cup arrowroot powder (I didn't have arrowroot powder so I used cornstarch. It worked great)
  • 1 teaspoon coconut flour
  • Pinch of salt
  • If making crepes for a sweet application, add 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract


We had filled our tortilla with...

Browned hamburger meat
Diced tomatoes
Grated cheese
Mild salsa
Lettuce/ Spinage

Next time I would like to make a BLT (Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato) in our shells. It would be great for breakfast on the go. 



No comments:

Post a Comment