Monday, January 27, 2014

Boxed Cereals



A month ago Ryan and I decided to cut boxed cereals (highly processed) out of our diet. Ryan has suggested this for years but I had a hard time letting them go. This meant that I would have to get up every morning and make breakfast.  Even though it was hard at first I think I like it. My children have eaten lots of oatmeal, pancakes, eggs and toast but they seem to like it too.

Our reasonings for this change is...

#1. Cereals cost a lot. Our kids would eat 5 boxes of cereal in 3 days. It became a breakfast thing, after school snack, midnight snack. It was just too much to keep up.

#2. They're not healthy. Even the ones that say they are healthy.

#3. They aren't very filling. My kids were hungry an hour or so after (NOT cool).

No comments:

Post a Comment