Friday, April 19, 2013

The BEST sugar free Cup Cake/Frosting!!!!


I'm so excited about this one!!! My sister and I have tried so many times to make a good sugar free frosting to go on cookies or cake with little success. I told my friend (Lana Spencer who is an amazing cake artist) and she said she would attempt it. She came across this recipe for frosting and instantly thought it might work. What a great surprise when she came to my house with this yummy chocolate frosting. When your using coconut sugar everything turns brown so that is why the cake is dark. I hope you like this as much as I did. What a fun treat!!!


Yummy Chocolate Frosting...
3 T whole flour
1/2 c. milk, butter, coconut sugar
1 tsp. vanilla

In a sauce pan whisk flour and milk on medium heat until thick as pudding.

Add sugar, butter and vanilla. Stir for 5 minutes. 

Moist Cake...
2 3/4 whole wheat flour
1 3/4 c. coconut sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
3/4 c. butter
5 egg whites
1 c. milk
2 tsp vanilla

Bake @ 325-350 for 10 to 12 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment