Sunday, April 7, 2013

Tequila Lime Chicken


Grandma's pool was cold so we filled up the baby pool with warm water for baby Grey and the kids all ended up in it. What a fun day in the sun!!


My family and I spent spring break in Las Vegas with my in laws. We had so much fun. I asked my kids what their favorite things about Vegas were? They said things like...palm trees, the desert, the heat, swimming in grandma's pool, family. Those were all good answers but I think one of my favorites is my mother n law's cooking. She is AWESOME!!! She always tries new things and they always taste amazing. Even though it would be crazy for me (a mormon girl who's never had a drink of alcohol) to buy tequila.  This recipe is definitely a keeper. 

6-10 chicken breasts
1/2 c. - 3/4 c. tequila 
3-4 clove garlic
2 tsp. coarse salt
1 c. olive oil
2-3 T. red chili pepper
cheyenne pepper
1/2 c. water
3 T. lime zest
1/2 c. lime juice 
marinate few hours

Grill the marinated chicken on a barbecue for 10 to 15 minutes and you'll have something your whole family will love!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment