Thursday, February 28, 2013

Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Bell Peppers





I found this recipe on Pinterest. It sounded so yummy I had to try it. Things that I liked about this recipe are... It was something out of the norm (Spaghetti or something with chicken). It was so quick and easy to put together and my family liked it. We are definitely going to make this again.

Ingredients...
8 oz. thinly sliced roast beef
8 slices provolone cheese
5 green peppers
1 medium sweet onion
6 oz. baby bella mushrooms
2 Tbs. butter
2 Tbs. olive oil
1 Tbs. garlic - minced
salt and pepper to taste

Directions...
Slice onions and mushrooms (my kids don't care for mushrooms so I cut them up really small)
Saute over medium heat with butter, olive oil, minced garlic and a little salt and pepper. Sauté until onions and mushrooms are nice and caramelized. About 15-20 minutes.

Slice roast beef into little squares and add to onion/mushroom mixture. Cook over stove for 5-10 minutes.

Layers in bell pepper... First, provolone cheese. Second, roast beef mixture. Third, provolone cheese.

Bake in oven at 400 degrees for 5-10 minutes. Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment