Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Cookie Dough


One of my favorite things about making cookies is eating the dough. I seriously could eat the whole batch.  I bake a tray full of cookies and put the rest of the dough in the fridge or freezer (depending on how fast you think you will use it).

In the summer time I will eat a spoon or two of dough as my treat for the day. Especially on those hot days where you need something sweet but don't want to heat up your house with the oven.


In the cooler months I like to freeze my dough in pre-made balls. As I need a quick treat I pull them out and cook for the 8-10 minutes. This is especially good when your family is eating a sugary treat and you need something fast to keep you from giving in to the dark side!! (LOL)  


I know that the experts say that eating raw cookie dough can cause a stomach ache. I do it all of the time and have yet to experience a stomach ache from it. Maybe that means if you eat too much cookie dough, so eat in moderation!!!

Cookies are the best anytime of the year!!! - Melissa

Here is the recipe for this batch of

Peanut Butter chocolate chip cookies. 
Mix together...
1 1/2 c. whole wheat flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 c. (2 sticks) butter, softened
1/2 c. creamy peanut butter (I use the Adam's brand)
1/2 c. agave
1/2 c. sugar crystals
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 large egg
1 3/4 c. Ghirardeli 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate or Lyndsie's homemade choc. chips. (so yum)

Preheat oven to 375. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Cool and enjoy!!


1 comment:

  1. I was thinking about this the other day..How I wondered if you could make a big batch of cookies bake some, then freeze the dough for another day. Cool Thanks!

    ReplyDelete