Monday, April 16, 2012

Mix-in Muffins

Banana and Mixed Berry Mix-in Muffins!


Mix-in Muffins

1 Egg, beaten
1 cup Milk, Almond Milk, or Rice Milk
1/4 cup Oil
2 cup Spelt Flour (or Wheat & White Flour)
1/2 cup Agave
3 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Salt
Mix-ins of your choice:
Dried Fruit, Chopped Bananas, Mixed Berries, Chocolate, etc!

Directions: Mix wet and dry ingredients, then combine. Add 1-2 tsp of mix-in choice in bottom of muffin tin then add batter, fill each tin half full; then stir with a toothpick.

Bake at 400 F (204 C)
Set Timer for 20-25 minutes

I found this recipe the other night while reading a bedtime story to my boys before bed. My boys LOVE it when we bake together, not wanting to disappoint, I promised we would make them for breakfast the next morning. The next morning we had a great time modifying this recipe to work for our family!

We have been baking a lot lately with Spelt Flour and I have been so pleased with it! It bakes similar to Wheat Flour, but has a lower gluten level and a lighter feel and taste then Wheat does, in my opinion. I just love baking with Spelt Flour!! I love experimenting with different flours and finding success! And the added bonus is that my family and I feel good after we eat it!

I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do!

P.S. The Berry Muffins were my favorite but my kids couldn't get enough of the Banana Muffins! - Jessie

No comments:

Post a Comment