Monday, March 12, 2012

Zucchini Bisque - Happy St.Patricks Day!!


Zucchini Bisque

1-2 Tbs. Olive Oil
1 Med. Onion (diced)
4-5 lbs. Zucchini (cleaned and cut into chunks)
1 1/2 - 2 tsp. Curry Powder
4 Cups Chicken Broth
Salt & Pepper to taste
Garnish: Cheddar Cheese and/or Greek Yogurt (optional)

Directions: Olive oil and Onion saute until nice and caramelized. Add big chunks of Zucchini with Chicken Broth and Curry Powder bring to a rolling boil and lower to a simmer; allow to cook until Zucchini is nice and tender. Then puree soup with blender or hand held blender, Salt and Pepper to taste. Ladle into bowls and garnish with Cheddar Cheese and/or Greek Yogurt! Yummy!! Even my 4 year old boy, Ashton loves this soup! :-) So good for you too!!

Dairy doesn't sit too well with me so I prefer a little salt and pepper then I devour my soup! ;-) I love how simple yet delicious this soup is! Simple is always a good thing in my mind! I hope you enjoy!

P.S. I love to tease my hubby with random spoons; hence the slotted spoon. :)
-Jessie

No comments:

Post a Comment