Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Strawberry Short Cake


I love strawberries. Every year I think it couldn't be strawberry season. It is still cold where I live. Just seems more like a summer fruit to me. Lyndsie came up with this angel food cake recipe. It is really good. I put 5 cut strawberries and some whipped cream on top. So delicious. Can't even tell that it is sugar free.

Angel Food Cake...
1/2 c. Xylitol or Coconut sugar or Coconut Crystals (I used Coconut Sugar in this recipe. They all taste yummy.
1 c. Whole Wheat (If you grind your own wheat, like I do, put it on the "Fine" setting)
1 1/2 c. Large egg whites (about 12 eggs)
1 1/2 t. Cream of Tarter
1 c. Agava
1 1/2 t. Vanilla
1/2 t. Almond extract
1/4 t. Salt

Cook: 375
Time: 30-35 minutes. Check with a tooth pick to make sure it is cooked all the way through.
Let sit for 2 hours. Remove from pan.

Whipped Cream...
So easy!! All you do is take a carton of whipping cream. Pour into a mixing bowl along with agava (to taste) and mix until stiff. It doesn't take long 3 to 4 minutes is all. - Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment