Sunday, February 26, 2012

Whole Wheat Scones

So last Sunday my husband's 5 sisters and mother (they are the best) came over for dinner. I always feel nervous making dinner for others. My kids and husband love it when I cook but hey that is all they know. We made a pea bisque (My husband's fav), green salad, scones (my family calls them finger bread) and my sugar free peanut butter cookies with hersy kisses (not sugar free) on top. Everything was delicious. I had so much fun listening to everyone talk about how good everything tasted. The scones tasted just like donuts so I thought I would post that recipe. So So Yummy! - Melissa

1 Cup Honey
1 Tablespoon Dough Conditioner
4 Cups water
2 Tablespoons Yeast
2 Tablespoons Salt
1/2 Cup Oil (Coconut Oil)
3 Cups of whole wheat flour (best if fresh ground)
5-8 Cups More Flour

Mix Honey, Water, Salt and Coconut oil and microwave for around 2 min. Careful that it is very warm but not too warm otherwise you will kill the yeast. Then add Yeast and let sit for 5 min. Put 3 cups of flour in Bosch first, then add the warm mix. Start the Bosch on slow and keep adding flour until the dough comes off the Bosch. You want it sticky but so sticky that it sticks to your fingers if you touch it. Once it is mixed and ready, pull it out and place in bowl. Place a damp towel over it and place by warm stove. Let it rise for an hour and Bake at 350˚ for 20 min if its bread. 17 min if its rolls. Or fry to your liking as scones (I used Canola Oil for frying). Enjoy!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment