Wednesday, August 25, 2010

No bake cookies

These are so yummy. I decided to make them with an alternative sweetner and they were great. Everytime I make these cookies I think of my little brother Aaron. Back in the day when we still lived with Mom and Dad. We would get home from a long day at school hungry and tired. Looking through all of the cupboards in search of something to munch on. I was one of 7 children in my family. I am sure my parents were constantly trying to keep the cupboards filled with food. After the realization that there was nothing to eat my brother would pull out the pot and all the ingredients for these cookies and in no time we were devouring them. But I must WARN YOU that once you start it is hard to stop!! Honestly it was rare that the cookies made it to the solid consistancy. We would pull out our spoons and eat it off the wax/foiled paper. - Melissa

Bring to a boil
2 c. sucurnat sugar
1/2 c. butter
1/2 c. milk
4 T. coco

Add
1/2 c. peanut butter
1 tsp. vanilla
3 c. oatmeal

Stir it all together. Drop the batter on a strip of wax paper/cookie sheet/foil. After about 15 to 20 minutes they will be firm enough to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment